Yesterday started out as a day to get caught up. On everything. Housework, e-mails, you name it.
Somehow, I ended up in a chain of events that led to me creating a mini-quilt for a challenge.
My inbox was jam-packed, and I deleted lots of things without reading them, but I stopped to take a look at the e-mail from Curated Quilts. Each issue features mini-quilts based on a common theme that are submitted by readers. I’ve pledged to avoid any more challenges and/or swaps than what I’m currently participating in (for a while, at least), but as soon as I saw this one, something clicked. I knew that I had to create a Minimal Mini based on the design I had drawn months before when I was experimenting with a drawing app.
So I did.
It’s semi-improvisational. I didn’t draw out a plan, and I didn’t measure anything except the angles on the triangles and when I squared things up. The idea for adding stitching to the binding came from Quilt Jane.
The final binding stitch went in less than a day after I read the e-mail. (But I didn’t finish doing the dishes.)