Oh my Christmas, is it really time for the last quilt-a-long block already?!? Laura from Slice of Pi Quilts has put together an easy applique design that shouldn’t take too much time away from all of your holiday preparations.
- gray (Stardust Gray Metallic, Sleep Tight collection, Cotton + Steel)
- black (Thicket by Gingiber, Moda Fabrics)
- gold (Glisten, Windham Fabrics)
- red (Cherry Christmas, Moda Fabrics)
- green (25th and Pine, Moda Fabric
- navy blue (Paper Bandana, Cotton + Steel)
- silver fusible bias tape (Clover)
I love this block, and it’s fun to make. I added a few extra lightbulbs and used a shiny silver fusible bias tape for the electrical cord, which saved me a lot of time (since I happened to have the bias tape on hand).
Head over to Slice of Pi Quilts to get the pattern. Make your block, and you can enter to win:
Once you’ve finished up your Christmas quilt-a-long block, you can choose one of three ways to enter the drawing for the prize package of a six month subscription to Make Modern magazine and a quilt pattern from Sandy Star Designs! The deadline for entering is 11:59 pm EST (US) on Monday, December 18, 2017.
Here’s how to enter:
- Link your blog post featuring the finished block to the linky party, OR
- Post your finished block on the quilt-a-long Facebook group page, OR
- Post your finished block on Instagram with the hashtag #iwishyouamerryqal.
We encourage you to post and share your completed block as much as you’d like, but it will only count as one entry into the prize drawing.
I can’t wait to see your Christmas quilt-a-long block!