Now that we’ve had our caffeine fix and our sewing machine is threaded and ready to go, let’s get out our rulers for the next Sew Let’s Quilt Along block. Sherry of Powered by Quilting put together a terrific pattern for you!
This block is almost entirely pieced, and you’ll want to ensure the accuracy of your quarter-inch seam allowance, for sure. Fusible appliqué numbers complete the ruler.
- Follow Sherry’s instructions in order.
- Lay out the pieces on a design wall (or table, or floor) as you go.
- Double-check your seam allowance by measuring the pieces after you stitch them together.
- Use starch or Best Press.
- Finger press each seam before pressing with your iron.
- Download this handy checklist to keep track of your progress if you haven’t already.
- Bookmark this page with all of the links to all of the blog hosts.
- Visit Powered by Quilting to download your pattern (it’s guaranteed to remain free throughout the duration of this quilt along).
- Check out all of the hosts’ versions of the block for inspiration and tips.
- Gather your supplies and start sewing!
Segment One Hosts
Abbie of Sparkle On!
April of JANDA Bend Quilts
Becca of Pretty Piney Quilts (that’s me!)
Bobbi of Snowy Days Quilting
Karen of Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, & Eats
Kathleen of Kathleen McMusing
Sandra of Sandra Healy Designs
Sandy of SandyStar Designs
Sherry of Powered by Quilting
How to Enter the Prize Drawing
Hold your horses! Remember, this time around the prize drawings are held after each segment instead of after each block. Here’s a refresher about how it all works:
We’ve divided the quilt-along into three segments, with prizes at the end of each segment (plus the grand prize at the end of the whole thing). Because oh yes, there are prizes! Before the end of each segment, make all of the designers’ blocks in that segment and share either one photo of the blocks together or one photo of each block, but all posted at the same time in one location (all in one Facebook post, or all in one Instagram post, or all in one blog post). Here are the three ways you can enter:
- Join the Partners in Designs Facebook group and post your entry there.
- Post your entry on Instagram with the hashtag #SewLetsQAL.
- Link up to a linky party that will appear at the end of each segment on the segment hosts’ blogs. (It’s the same linky party on every participating blog, so you only need to link up ONCE.)
The Prize Drawing for Segment One: May 21, 2019
Segment One entries open on May 7, 2019 (midnight Eastern time) and close on May 20, 2019 (11:59 pm Eastern). Here’s what you could win if you make all of the Segment One blocks (#1-#5):
- Large Folding Cutting Kit from Omnigrid® (a Prym Company) – includes an 18 x 24″ folding cutting mat, a 45 mm rotary cutter, and a 3” x 18” Omnigrip ruler
- Timeless Treasures Tonga Treat Strip Jr. “Orchid” -20 pc 2 1/2″ strip pack
- Two Shabby Fabrics Vintage Blessings printed table runner patterns and a packet of Sunflower laser-cut appliqués (small.)
- One PDF pattern from Sandra Healy Designs
- One PDF pattern from JANDA Bend Quilts
- One PDF pattern from Powered by Quilting (up to $10 value)