The end of the first segment of Sew Let’s Quilt Along means that not only can you officially enter to win the first batch of prizes, but that several of the hosts can share their ideas for small projects you can make with the blocks you’ve created so far. Make sure to visit every segment host to check out their projects!
I’m making a quilt with all thirteen blocks, so I won’t share my layout until the very end of Sew Let’s Quilt Along (in September), but here are all of the blocks together. You can see how I chose certain fabrics to add cohesiveness through the blocks, while mixing in others from my chosen palette to keep it interesting.
If you haven’t downloaded the handy-dandy block tracker that includes release dates and contest deadlines, get it now!
Missed a Block?
You can always visit this page to find links to all of the Sew Let’s Quilt Along posts from every host.
Segment One Hosts
Abbie of Sparkle On!
April of JANDA Bend Quilts
Becca of Pretty Piney Quilts (that’s me!)
Bobbi of Snowy Days Quilting
Karen of Tu-Na Quilts, Travels, & Eats
Kathleen of Kathleen McMusing
Sandra of Sandra Healy Designs
Sandy of SandyStar Designs
Sherry of Powered by Quilting
Jen of The Inquiring Quilter isn’t officially hosting this segment, but she’s been sewing along and has some great tips, too.
How to Enter the Prize Drawing–SEGMENT ONE ENTRIES OPEN NOW
Remember, this time around the prize drawings are held after each segment instead of after each block. Here’s a refresher about how it all works:
We’ve divided the quilt-along into three segments, with prizes at the end of each segment (plus the grand prize at the end of the whole thing). Because oh yes, there are prizes! Before the end of each segment, make all of the designers’ blocks in that segment and share either one photo of the blocks together or one photo of each block, but all posted at the same time in one location (all in one Facebook post, or all in one Instagram post, or all in one blog post). Here are the three ways you can enter:
- Join the Partners in Designs Facebook group and post your entry there.
- Post your entry on Instagram with the hashtag #SewLetsQAL.
- Link up to the linky party below! (It’s the same linky party on every participating blog, so you only need to link up ONCE.)
The Prize Drawing for Segment One: May 21, 2019
Segment One entry is NOW OPEN and closes on May 20, 2019 (11:59 pm Eastern). Here’s what you could win if you make all of the Segment One blocks (#1-#5):
- Large Folding Cutting Kit from Omnigrid® (a Prym Company) – includes an 18 x 24″ folding cutting mat, a 45 mm rotary cutter, and a 3” x 18” Omnigrip ruler
- Timeless Treasures Tonga Treat Strip Jr. “Orchid” -20 pc 2 1/2″ strip pack
- Two Shabby Fabrics Vintage Blessings printed table runner patterns and a packet of Sunflower laser-cut appliqués (small.)
- One PDF pattern from Sandra Healy Designs
- One PDF pattern from JANDA Bend Quilts
- One PDF pattern from Powered by Quilting (up to $10 value)