Today’s your lucky day–TWO blocks get released! Make sure to check out Block Three so you can get started on both of them.
Jen at The Inquiring Quilter designed a block which offers plenty of opportunity for playing with scraps! These Christmas ornaments fit in perfectly with my goal of creating a quite sparkly quilt.
- gray (Stardust Dark Gray Metallic, Sleep Tight collection for Cotton + Steel)
- black (from Thicket by Gingiber for Moda Fabrics)
- gold (Glisten, Windham Fabrics)
- light blue (Add It Up, Cotton + Steel)
- dark blue (Paper Bandana, Cotton + Steel)
- white (from the scrap bin)
- background (Tinsel Washi White for Cotton + Steel)
Jen used a variety of beautiful coordinates to make her block, but I decided to use fewer different fabrics for mine. I made sure to lay them all out in place to check my choices before fusing.
I opted for raw edge appliqué with Glitter thread again, and used both zigzag stitches and straight stitches to add interest and to vary the “sparkle” a bit.
Head over to The Inquiring Quilter to get the pattern. Make your block, and you can enter to win:
Special Discount Alert!
The Inquiring Quilter has graciously provided a 20% off coupon code for I Wish You a Merry QAL participants! You can use it between now and the end of September 2017 for both printed and downloadable PDF patterns. Enter the code MERRYQAL20 in the Promo Code box at checkout to get the discount.
Once you’ve finished up your quilt-a-long Christmas Memories block, you can choose one of three ways to enter the drawing for the prize package of TWO Lite Steam-A-Seam 2 sheet packages from The Warm Company and a quilt pattern from this week’s block designer Jennifer Fulton! The deadline for entering is 11:59 pm EDT (US) on Monday, September 11, 2017.
Here’s how to enter:
- Link your blog post featuring the finished block to the Inquiring Quilter linky party, OR
- Post your finished block on the quilt-a-long Facebook group page, OR
- Post your finished block on Instagram with the hashtag #iwishyouamerryqal.
We encourage you to post and share your completed block as much as you’d like, but it will only count as one entry into the prize drawing.
I can’t wait to see your quilt-a-long Christmas Memories block!