New to piecing with templates? Let’s shed a little light on the subject with this lovely lantern from Diane at Cwilt.
- gray (Stardust Gray Metallic, Sleep Tight collection, Cotton + Steel)
- black (Thicket by Gingiber, Moda Fabrics)
- gold (Glisten, Windham Fabrics)
- red (Cherry Christmas, Moda Fabrics)
- green (25th and Pine, Moda Fabrics)
- white (Kona, Robert Kaufman)
- a red button
I decided to print the templates onto freezer paper using an inkjet printer. Here’s what to do:
Cut freezer paper into 8½ x 11″ pieces (or the appropriate size for your printer–I know outside the US, there are slightly different standards). Take a piece of regular printer paper–I used the old template papers that I printed wrong so I wouldn’t waste new paper–and iron it to one of your pieces of freezer paper. Adjust the settings on your printer for thicker paper and, making sure the freezer paper is turned to the correct side for printing (look for a little icon on your printer if you’re not sure!), manually feed each blank sheet through the printer.
I also changed the direction of the snow (accidentally), so I moved the holly to the other side for balance.
Head over to Cwilt to get the pattern. Make your block, and you can enter to win:
Once you’ve finished up your Christmas quilt-a-long block, you can choose one of three ways to enter the drawing for the prize package of two Steam-A-Seam 2 packages from The Warm Company and a quilt pattern from Vanda Chittenden of Quilt in Piece! The deadline for entering is 11:59 pm EST (US) on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Here’s how to enter:
- Link your blog post featuring the finished block to the linky party, OR
- Post your finished block on the quilt-a-long Facebook group page, OR
- Post your finished block on Instagram with the hashtag #iwishyouamerryqal.
We encourage you to post and share your completed block as much as you’d like, but it will only count as one entry into the prize drawing.
I can’t wait to see your Christmas quilt-a-long block!